Here is a step by step process to hard boiling your Easter eggs:
1. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover the eggs with about 1-2 inches of cold water.
2. Turn heat on high and let the water come to a rumbling boil.
3. Once the water has come to a boil, turn the heat off and cover the eggs for about 10-12 minutes.
4. Prepare a bowl of ice cold water. Once the eggs are done, place the eggs in the ice water to cool.
5. After the eggs have cooled, place the eggs in covered Tupperware (or back in the egg carton they came in) and place in the fridge. Wait 1-2 hours before decorating.
6. Have fun decorating with the kiddos!